Greyhound Bus Station, Billings, Montana
from Roadside Architecture: Greyhound Bus Stations
1940s bus station, still in use today.
Here’s what it looked like back in the day:
From the site:
This Billings station was designed by J.G. Link, a local Billings architect. It was built around 1946 and is still used as a Greyhound station. It had a restaurant inside the terminal and an enclosed bus loading area (unusual in the U.S. but not in Canada). The building originally had terra cotta tiles on the exterior which did not hold up to Montana’s extreme weather (they began leaking). These tiles were removed in the mid-1950s and replaced with stucco and gravel. In a recent renovation, this stucco was removed and new tile installed, based on the original design. At the same time, the interior was renovated in a style sensitive to the original. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3.